In fact, I have three ways in which I'm going to ask for your help, and the other two will come very soon. Here is your first task.
As you know, I'm writing Write To Be Published. (I will not let you forget this.)
In the section where I talk about rules for different genres, clearly I can't write a whole book about each genre. So, one thing I want to do is direct readers to a small but fabulous selection of resources for each genre. I have collected some myself but I thought I'd ask you for your suggestions. I will be looking for a mixture of books and websites / blogs. What I'll probably also do is collate all the suggestions into a resource list to put in a later post, but for the book I will choose only three (ish) for each genre.
Ideally, for each one, I ultimately want to have
- an online resource which includes links / lists of other resources
- an organisation that supports writers in that genre, whether pubbed or not - especially if that organistion has a list of resources on its website
- a book
I do NOT want books such as the Writer's handbook or any general writing advice book or resource. (Those will come at the end of the book.)
- Romantic - I have the Romantic Novelists Assoc
- Historical - I have the Historical Novels Review / Hist Novel Soc / Solander.
- Fantasy &/ sci-fi (I give reasons for tackling these together) - I have Jeffrey Carver's wonderful site
- Non-fic, including general and educational
- Other fiction - literary and commercial - these probably don't require resources, because they aren't technically genres and simply follow the general rules for fiction writing, but if you have any ideas, let me know
- Crime - I actually have enough, but happy to have more ideas for the list I'll put on the blog later.