I am (was...) looking for a very small number of readers to comment on the first draft of Write To Be Published, and I thought there was no better bunch of people to ask than you lot.
- Honest - this is no place for flattery. I know it often is, but not this time.
- Trusted - not just because I need you to be honest but because I will have to trust you to keep the contents of the first draft confidential. It is a first draft and much will change, so it's essential that it does not go anywhere except your own computer.
- Available during August - I expect to have the first draft by the end of July, and would need your response by the end of August.
- Because of points 1 and 2 above, I need you to have commented before on this blog a few times and not to be anonymous. I need to know where to find you!(Not, I think, because I will want to kill you but in case I want to discuss a point with you.)
- The target audience - normal purchasers of this sort of book. (You don't actually have to buy it.)
- Willing to be unpaid but profusely thanked.
Please note that I only need a very few people so don't be upset if I don't pick you: I will be looking for a varied range so it may be that I don't pick you because you are too similar to someone else - don't be offended. *feels stressed already*
What to do if you are interested: email me - on firstname.lastname@example.org - and say a) who you are, b) what stage you are at on the route to publication and c) whether you've read any other books about writing / being published and, if so, a sentence re what you liked or didn't like. (I won't quote you...) I will probably also use a more or less first-come-first-served process, so, again, don't be offended. I want to sort this out quite quickly.
I would love to have lots and lots of views but it will confuse me, small brain that I have.
(STILL RELEVANT) ANYONE ELSE: I have some questions for anyone about Write To Be Published. Please use the comments section below/
- Do you think I should avoid using quotes from my own books to illustrate points that I make?
- Is there anything you hope I will / won't do / include? Anything that would annoy you?
- I will be toning down mentions of chocolate, wine and shoes - do you agree?
- Anything else you want to say.