With prizes, naturally. First prize, two of my books plus a crabbit bag. Second prize three - oh very funny, no ONE of my books and a crabbit bag. Two runner-up prizes of a crabbit bag each.
And your task? Simply write up to 150 words in any form, any genre, inspired by this photo or some aspect of it. You may interpret it as loosely as you like, though it must be identifiable by a reasonable person (me) as being in some way triggered by or connected to the photo or part of it. Get creative, get inspired, and put your best foot forward.
- Your entry must be in the English language. My Moldovan just isn't up to scratch.
- Your entry must be your own original work and must not plagiarize.
- Copyright remains with each writer, of course.
- Judge's / judges' decisions are final. I haven't got a judge yet, but it won't be me. No bloody way.
- First prize only open to UK residents, because of postage costs, but non-UK residents eligible for other prizes, because I love you equally.
- Please email your entry in the body of the email, NOT as an attachment, to firstname.lastname@example.org
- By entering, you agree that your entry, or an extract, can be posted on this blog when the winners are announced.
- Deadline for entries is March 1st, midday UK time.