Thoughts and happenings
- I've been doing this for three and a half years. There are over 600 posts, a million words etc etc.
- I've probably said it all.
- I'm feeling stale. Less crabbit, more jaded?
- It takes a huge amount of time.
- I've got some writing projects and exciting things on the horizon with my existing books, which badly need my attention.
- I love helping people and I love teaching, but my energy isn't endless.
- Although most people are extremely appreciative of the fact that all this advice is free and that all the above is true, I get the occasional spiteful remark. I had a hate email the other day, along the lines of "Who do you think you are giving advice?" (But nastier! Much nastier...)
- I really really need to write, so, somehow, I have to give less time to the blog.
- I don't want to stop doing it, but I need it to change, to simplify. And I don't want to bore regular readers.
You ask me questions (by email). I try to answer them on the blog. Like an agony aunt, but for writers. I would answer them anonymously (unless for a specific reason we agreed that your name/link should appear.) So it could be a general question or one very specific to your situation. I can't promise to answer them all, but there would be a good chance that your question would be answered.
That way, I will be writing about the things YOU want to know about. I will answer as many questions a week as I have time for.
Interested? See the ASK A QUESTION page above. You can start asking me questions as soon as you like - I have a few posts scheduled ahead but I'll start being your crabbit aunt very soon.